We ask for your help in keeping all the members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including pregnant women) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this health policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
- All instruments that were distributed will be disinfected between classes and the end of the day with hospital-grade sanitizing disinfectant.
- Classroom surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Some instruments and props may be taken out of circulation.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
- We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the “Hello Song” to all the members of your family: that'll be at least 20 seconds!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Fist-bump or wave instead of shaking hands or hugging.
- If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without assistance of fever-reducing medication) before returning to class.
- If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us.
Schedule a Make Up!
We have a generous, unlimited makeup policy, so please keep that in mind. If circumstances warrant more flexibility, we will allow families to carry over makeups to next semester.